Saturday, March 20, 2010

Excel Project



In this excel project I took some raw data from a fitness center and calculated some functions with it. These functions include: max heartbeat, average heartbeat, and if they got to their target heartbeat or not. I then took this information and created a pivot table from it to show the owner the progress of his employees and their performance.

I had some trouble with the pivot table and creating some of the functions. For instance, I couldn't figure out how to get the data in the table when I used the titles for the column and row headings. However, the discussion boards helped me out a lot. The other students in this class had the same questions I did so it was easy to find an answer.

This excel project taught me a lot about organizing data and the capabilities of Excel. I learned how to organize data, fill in functions, use absolute and relative cell references, and how to make a pivot table from raw data. I use excel a lot but I never truly knew how to use it in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment